2017 GM HMI Calibration / VIN setting

I can confirm this works. Just tried it.

thanks good to know
where can a beginner like me start into learning bench flashing and how are codes actually sent to these modules

Super helpful, thanks. Now if someone could explain how magpie is getting the newer 2017-2018 software on the HMIs for older trucks that allow things like the app store and wifi software updates, that would be awesome.

That’s easy he’s using a VIN from a 2017 truck with similiar if not the same options on it to flash the software to a 2014-2016 Truck through SPS. Now when I do it I don’t use SPS ended up hacking GM DPS so that I can make custom SPS-like flashes, I’ve come a long way and learned most of everything going on, putting in hours on the bench, finding GM Proprietary manuals that break down the OP Codes(Request IDs). its been a journey, I’ll help where I can but its hard and almost impossible to sit down and teach this stuff…LOL maybe I’ll have a class and teach this stuff for a fee, it’d put Magpie out of business… I’d know because I’ve made alot of money playing with the HMI modules and custom programming :wink:

1 Like

Could you help me with finding the utility file needed to build the flashable zip?

I’m aware there is this method used to flash custom calibration files to GM car modules using a modified Global tis installation, installed to an online website or a local PC. This gives the user the ability to flash custom calibration files to any year GM cars for changing the car module VIN number, activating hidden feature with custom calibration files. Installing a working activated GDS 2 install to any PC and maybe much more.
Can you take a look at the attached youtube video, which illustrates the process.
Does anyone care to share this data and method with me? I am willing to pay.

From researching and inspecting, I see a combination of Global tis V32 and V36 was used. The Sps-client.jar webwindow.jar, techlinecache-client.jar and a few other java jar files were edited to achieve this.
I have all the edited Jar files if need be from an archive captured.
The issue, I am not versatile with java coding, and this will take me a long time to wrap my head around,

If anyone out there has the knowledge and data for this method and wish to sell it to me, drop me a PM.

Or if anyone out there who is into GM cars and have an understanding of java codes and would like to tinkle and inspect these edited Global tis java files to replicate the method. Drop me a PM.
Thanks

YouTube video for illustration purposes.
See how its done.

The edited jar files I have.

The Tiger has escaped from the cage and is now running free in the jungle.
Here is a video that demonstrates how to change vin numbers in GM ECU modules. You can use it to remove the theft lock from second-hand HMI 2 and HMI 2.5 units, fix instrument cluster mileage, add RPO to GM cars, plus much more.
Check the video description for the needed files or drop me a PM.

Maybe someone who has knowledge of CAN-bus and software coding could use a CAN-bus sniffer, a Totalphase Beagle USB Protocol Analyzer, or other means to inspect data then create a program for easier use.
Then offer it for free.

Long live free information.
As in, a long life to all the folks out there who use their time and knowledge to create things, then offer it for free to all.

4 Likes

Hi,

This command…
cansend can1 252#021A2F0000000000
shows the VIN (whitout the first letter) stored in the HMI, Correct?

Interesting. Since that video was removed, do you have another?

Video its here:

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Unfortunately the site for the download isn’t free? They require you to donate to download?

Hello, interesting, Do you share ? Thanks

Hi, if you still have that board could you put a close up of that section of the board?

HMI 2.5:

HMI 2.0:

Thank you arbe_gtc for the pictures but i forget to mention without the gps connector too.

1 Like

hi

someone has archieved the uboot mode in the hmi 2.5? im trying but…

the system boots normaly

Any chance of sending me the dps vin number change and him RPO change YouTube video that got removed by GM in avi or mp4 looks like there was a fair bit of info that has now been lost would really appreciate it

Also hoping to get a copy of the video of anyone has it