2017 GM HMI Calibration / VIN setting

Did you also try 0x07, 0xAE, 0x2a, 0x80 from tjshadyluver? I’m not sure if what he has is worth going after because of the first byte error in what he posted. Thanks for the replies so far guys.

anymore updates?

Cant beleive th3magpi3figures it out and just leave ya hanging

3 Likes

what other forum is @th3magpi3 flashing

1 Like

You have to send 0x07, 0xAE, 0x2a, 0x80 multiple times you will get a 31 error every time until it accepts it with a 78. If any one needs programming our company can do it. NavRepair.com and Infotainment.com we have bench setups for all gm units 2007-2019. I am trying to crack the IOB seed key. Also the new 18-19 radios have same seed key as the IOBs. Pain in my ass!!!

1 Like

From my own experience, and this may be hard to believe, I successfully rewrote the VIN on a used 2.5 HMI using SPS. This is how you do it: Just Reflash the Radio module instead of the HMI module in SPS and it magically writes the VIN to the HMI, ofcourse you need to make sure the radio module is the 2016 and up version that works with the 2.5 HMI module. Why that works I have no idea, but it does and I saw it with my own eyes after trying to reprogram the damn HMI like 20 times! However, thats not the right way to do it when you’re going from a 2.0 HMI because for some reason certain features get ‘left out’ but it gets your VIN into the HMI at least.

Because he’s making money in the GM-truck forums reflashing HMI modules as we speak, which is good, gives CW some competition.

What features get left out? I know magpie was able to get the 2016s running on the 2018 firmware so they can have wifi updates and the store and all that, do you think that he flashed the HMI with a 2018 VIN and all with SPS, also unlocking the new features via the update, and then cleared the VIN on the bench? This is the only thing I can think of.

The reverse backup lines and rear cross traffic alerts don’t work for some reason. I’m tryna figure out what these guys are doing to the HMI that allows all that to work on a 2014/2015 car. Sounds like they’re sending commands that reset all the flags on the ECU, maybe?

I found an intersting PDF (https://www.scribd.com/document_downloads/direct/85336952?extension=pdf&ft=1558130431&lt=1558134041&user_id=15155622&uahk=jh0mIXxwFo_ZQT7DVzow0GJ7aEo)
“Service Programming System (SPS) Interpreter Programmers Reference Manual”

Specially the section -Step $11 “Part 2” – Write the VIN

Says that link is not valid.