Which Bluetooth module to use?

The Kickstarter page specifically mentions a bluetooth module from DIGI, but the only bluetooth modules I could find on the DIGI site look nothing like what was pictured: https://www.digi.com/products/bluetooth

Where can i get a bluetooth module that is compatible?

DIGI does not make a BLE option but there are lot out there in the same “BEE” format that should work.

Here are a couple I found after a quick search:

I have never used either of these, but they should work fine. The one I have has been discontinued I guess.

I’ve been using a Roving Networks BT module on the M2. The part number for that is: rn42xvp-i/rm. It’s more money than the ones that Josh posted but you do get the bonus that I have one and so its likely to be better supported by M2RET and the other stuff I’m writing. But, really any of the options should work.

1 Like

Thanks, Collin, I just ordered that module from Mouser. I wish I had known that before I ordered that piece of crap from elecfreaks, which doesn’t work at all. Luckily, I remembered I had a bluetooth serial module I got in a kit, it’s just not in Xbee form factor, so I had to tape it up a bit:

I’m using M2RET as a jumping-off point for my own firmware. I’ve already got the bluetooth interface working.

I am looking a Bluetooth module and since some of you already have one, what would you recommend?
what about this?
BTBee Pro

I’ve seen people using all sorts of options. This is a popular one. We are also publicly working on a esp32 based module that a lot of the developers are playing with.

I was just looking at it, the esp32 is that something you will sell in near future?

ecsharpe so I got the Bluetooth 4.0 BLE Pro Xbee from amazon same as your link, can you share which orientation is pin out? don’t what to plug it incorrectly.

nvm I figured it out