What version of firmware are we using?

Just received my M2, really excited! May I ask where can we find firmware we are shipping with? With original firmware, I can see messages from two CAN buses to USB serial on my laptop. But after refreshing with latest M2RET (master branch), I couldn’t see same messages anymore.

I had looked into firmware suggestions page. Did I miss something?

Curious, I thought the M2’s shipped blank. master of M2RET should be be working when you flash it though, perhaps check some of the other threads here about getting M2RET/SavvyCAN working.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the answer. No idea of original software. Hopefully it wasn’t an illusion. I did remember seeing two CAN buses queries output on serial. Colin’s M2RET does work out of box. Thanks again!

M2ret did not work for me after I installed it, then looking in the download folder was a .GVret update zip after running it all was good after reflashing M2ret to the macchina

I would be curious where you download M2RET from as there is no ".GVret file in the GitHub repository.

1 Like

Looking thru my history if I had to guess here:

no thats not it The gvret update.zip I have is dated 8-21 and my history dont go back that far…

google gvretupdate.zip

Sound like you may have been trying to use GVRET instead of M2RET.