What car(s) are you working with?

Hi there. I’m a researcher and I’m about to have access to dozens of cars. For the time being I’m working with:
Toyota:
2012 Prius IV
2008 Highlander Hybrid
2017 Corolla
2009 Camry

Honda:
2016 Civic

Mazda:
2013 Mazda 6

Other vehicle’s at a neighboring Cyber research center:
Tesla Model S
Volkswagen Jetta
Another Prius (not sure which year)
Ford Taurus

2011 Ford Fiesta here.

Going to work with 2007 Prius.

Do you have much experience with Toyota ECU’s? I’m still hoping to wander across a product and community that has made headway in understanding the coding for early 00’s Toyotas. I know a host of people that could benefit from being able to shift fuel and timing maps above anything else.

Only OBD2 car I have on my property ATM is a totaled 2006 Acura RSX planning on using it as a learning tool/ may remove its electrical to make a on desk test system

Bonjour from France.
I am familiar with Toyota/Lexus Hybrids… see here.
and also Mitsubishi ImiEV… see here.
I am planning to test M2 instead of Obdlink LX.

I already could build M2RET from Collin :thumbsup:. I am waiting for my M2, and in between, I will start playing with an Arduino DUE.
There will be a lot of work because :

• we use can-stuffing, for example 01050607 to get in one shot ICE Temp / STFT / LTFT
  • we receive multiframes answers.
  • we are “speaking” with different ECUs 7E0, 7E2, 7C0 etc…

Hi @priusfan,

Did you start working on it?

I have a Toyota Yaris Cool Hybrid, and it don’t have multimedia display, so I can’t see details of my car (example: battery charge level).

I’m thinking to use M2 + Display (like this: https://www.adafruit.com/product/2675)

What do you think?

Have a good day,
Renato

I have experience with standard OBDII but none with any of the proprietary codes that manufacturers use. I’d keep an eye on the comma.ai project https://github.com/commaai/opendbc.

2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid, 2001 Ford Focus, 1997 GMC Jimmy

I agree with one of the posters on the Wiki… Maybe we can have a Wiki for each model?

There has actually been a movement to build a database to hold everything but I haven’t really seen much real movement on it. I could write something up and only take me about 2 weeks to make something operational. Supposedly was taken up by a college to finish but again. Haven’t seen it. The Database intention is to hold all of the known PID’s and related data.

Rodney

2001 Audi S4
2006 Porsche Cayman

Just getting started…

2011 Audi Q5.

I connected to my macchina Digi XBee 900 MHz radio for wireless diagnostic.

My plan is to use cell modem and data upload on the cloud where I can build management interface.

Best regards,

2005 Honda Pilot

:slight_smile:

Currently not using the lock/unlock remote, just the manual key, interested in adding some accelerator LED feedback, mpg/efficiency/burnrate feedback, and seeing what else there is.

I have a Renault Megane 3 RS 2010 interested in reverse engineering and remote control things. Plus I’m working on getting into the Media System.

This year should follow a Renault Zoe to my “projects list”.

2007 Chevy HHR 2006 Chevy HHR so far I have ordered an instrument cluster and successfully played back data from HHR using savvycan, I have been working on getting IDs for fuel temp rpm and speed , manipulating the data and re sending it to the cluster. The cluster is using 33333 GMLAN can-bus.

Hi!
Don’t know if this thread is still useful for anyone, but I personnaly am working on 3 different cars

• FIAT 500 Nuova 500C 1.2 MPi Cabriolet S&S 69 cv
  • SUZUKI Swift IV AZG 1.3 DDiS 16V 75cv
  • VOLKSWAGEN Polo V 1.2i 12V 60cv (~2013)

And a friend works on the Toyota Yaris.

We upload stuff here for those interested :slight_smile:

I am working on 2011 Honda Civic LX.
Mostly collecting data from the CAN-bus. Let me know if I can provide some information on CAN identifiers.

7 posts were split to a new topic: GTO to Camaro Transplant Project

I am going to be testing 2013-2016 Hyundai Veloster turbo, and other various KDM turbocharged ecu’s, also I will be testing on 2016 Ford Fiesta St. I have been currently reverse engineering these and have been flashing/tuning through the jtag ports.

That sounds very interesting. You should start a separate topic and keep us updated. We get a lot of questions about tuning.