USB cables wearing out

Anybody having problems with the M2 eating USB cables? Early on I was doing a lot of playing around with librays and every once and a while the USB cable can not be found. So I get another one and it finds it no problem. I when through 4 before I got my M2 up and running with savvy can. But I run savvy can a couple hours on my pickup and now my USB cable no longer chirps when I plug it in and it does not show up in the com ports. Is some thing wrong with my M2 or is it a setting that is bad?

That is pretty weird! Not sure how M2 could damage a USB cable. Try this: GENTLY wiggle the USB cable at the microUSB connector on M2. Does it chirp? Those microUSB connectors can be a little fragile sometimes. We ran into some poor solder joints on the Developer units shipped several months ago, but have since changed both part numbers and manufacturer.

No it does not act like a loose connection. I can try all 5 old cables and none of them chirp. I can lightly wiggle around and no diff. I’m looking for another one to try at the moment I’m getting low on cables to try.