Underhood Connection in 2012 Honda Civic

I am planning to get one underhood device to connect with my Honda Civic 2012. I am not sure how to wire.

Thanks,
Albal13

You will need to pull a wiring diagram/schematic for your car. What are you trying to accomplish?

I am also interested to get the hood version. Can you tell me some basics on how to wire with my Honda Civic 2012. Actually, I know literally nothing.

If you don’t have a clue then your best off with the under dash model…

Otherwise you need to find a shop manual for your vehicle and start there.

You can always start with the under dash model and get a cable for like $10, cut it apart and wire it in later once your more comfortable.

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I want to collect real time steering wheel angle and yaw rate from driving. I am not sure if it is possible to collect these from under the dash model.

Do you know where I can find some shop manuals for Honda Civic 2012? I googled for the shop manual and it seems these are not easily accessible.

Thanks,

Your going to have to find out where the dealer gets their manuals and go that route.

Search for “Factory service manual Honda civic”

It is likely that you can pull the information directly from the diagnostic port and not need to go anywhere else.

Your car will be equipped with CANBUS.

Thanks for your reply. It is very informative.