Tech2 Sniffing not working

I have an ISUZU FTS 34 and have been trying to sniffing the CAN bus but the sniffer doesn’t pick up anything with Tech2, where it works perfectly fine with any other OBD-II scanner. Anybody who’s got intel what I might be missing here?

Tech 2 has different software packages for different vehicles that GM makes. If you do not have the proper one it will not communicate with your car.

This is a forum for the M2/P1 devices. If you are not using one of these devices it is not likely you will find much help here.

Tech 2 communicates perfectly with my truck. The problem comes when I try to sniff the process. The sniffer doesn’t pick up anything. I need this sniffing to work because of a project to include special tests that OEM offers.

Are you using a Y cable to talk to the vehicle? Assuming you are, you need to ensure you have the correct software running on your M2 to talk to SavvyCan. I had problems in the past running a non-compatible version. SavvyCan didn’t show anything. You also have to make sure the speed is correct on SavvyCAN or it will never read anything. If you have done both of those things then you shoud be seeing something.

Yes you’re correct. I am using a Y cable. But I’m not using SavvyCan for sniffing. I am using the following gridconnect pcan device. (https://www.gridconnect.com/products/can-usb-adapter-pcan-usb)

As you already know how Y cable works, one end of Y cable is hooked up with pcan-usb adapter and the other end with Tech 2. and nothing works. I have used other OBD Scanners in place of Tech 2 and at 500 Kbits/s PcanView shows a perfect response. I have used Chinese Wi-Fi OBDs and OBD Auto Doctor desktop application also. It works. Nothing seems to work when I use Tech2.

It SHOULD work fine in that case. However you likely are having an issue with terminators.
You may need to add a resistor to the port you are tied to or do something else electronically to get it to work. You MAY find in this case that you need to find the data bus on the other side of the BCM and tie into it directly with your device while the tech 2 is plugged into the normal OBD port.

You should look at open garages as they have a mail group that would be much better suited to helping you figure this out than the people on here. This is more of a support site for the devices Macchina makes as opposed to a hacking site. There are other sites that deal in hacking which would be more suited to what you are looking for as well if you don’t want to get involved with open garages. Craig Smith is heavily involved with Open Garages and is the author of the Car Hacking book. My Tech 2 stopped working so I can not try this myself. I have a newer module that requires tech2win to run but I have not been able to set that up correctly yet.

I have an ISUZU FTS 34 and have been trying to sniff the CAN bus but the sniffer doesn’t pick up anything with Tech2, where it works perfectly fine with any other OBD-II scanner. Anybody who’s got ideas what I might be missing here?
I am using the following Pcan adapter (https://www.gridconnect.com/products/can-usb-adapter-pcan-usb).
I get a perfect Rx/Tx response on PcanView when I try to sniff Chinese OBD or other Desktop applications like OBD Doctor at 500 Kbits/s. But sniffer catches nothing with Tech2.

Duplicate threads combined.