Sleep mode & power saving?

Hi I am recently building a nos controller with machina. And since I want to put it in my car all the time, I assume I need to put machina into sleep mode. But I can’t find any reference for macchina specifically.

So I am think should I just use the sleep mode for arduino due?
Is there anything other than the proccesor which I need to shutdown?
And other than that I also confused about how should I wake it up when the engine start.

Btw I am using m2 Under the dash kit.

I would strongly suggest getting the UTH version and hard wiring into your car since it is something you want all the time.

Then you can just power it from an ignition source. The UTD version would not be the best application for something you want installed in your vehicle all of the time .

Hi thank you for your reply, I will think about your suggestion. But I am just a noob in this I don’t want to mess with wires in my hood yet, lol. I have found a way to put it to sleep by using Arduino’s lib, but I don’t know how to wake it up. So I am curious if there any way I can find a interrupt which tells me the engine started or not?

The external connector on the M2 has some 12 volt inputs. You can tie one of those into an ignition lead to tell you when the ignition was turned on. This will cause an interrupt to happen on your M2. I haven’t dealt with Arduino’s in sleep mode and how to pull them out so I don’t know if a simple interrupt will do it?

My gut feeling is if you run your vehicle often it won’t be an issue but if you don’t run your vehicle for a week you may find your battery dead. Note that the UTH version does NOT require connecting under the hood. But does require hardwiring. The issue with using the UTD is if it comes loose at any point in time you can have issues with it. If you DO connect to an ignition lead with the external connector make sure you also connect to a ground to protect your device in case your M2 becomes unplugged from the port. With an UTH model you can wire it someplace under your dash and mount it.

Since the UTH model isn’t weather proof I wouldn’t suggest mounting it anywhere other than inside the vehicle anyhow.

Thanks for your rely, I am going to try the interrupt as soon as I have some time. And the reason that I didn’t want to use UTH is also because I don’t know how I should wire the can bus from my vehicle, lol. I guess I will try UTH after I get more familiar with my current setup.