SavvyCAN with a 2003 Toyota Corolla?

Hello guys!!

I have a macchina m2 for 10 days now but I’m not seeing any CAN frames show up.

I have installed the latest SavvyCan, I have installed all the libraries and also I have installed the latest M2RET.

I was able to send some fuzzing data to Savvycan and play with the settings so the led in M2 are flashing depend on the load, so I am guessing I don’t have problem there (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJv_BHFUqEA&t=80s).

Here is the connection settings and as you can see in the device console I am getting data

But the main savvycan screen I am not capturing anything…

Any help would be great!

Thanks in advanced!

Well, CAN can be tricky. What you are seeing means that you are physically connected to the M2 running M2RET but now the question is, are you really getting connected to the CAN bus itself. Are you using the M2 that connects to an OBDII port or are you using the under the hood version. Also, what vehicle are you trying this on?

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have the under the dash version of Macchina and I have connected to the obdii port to the car.

I have a Toyota corolla model 2003 and for the last 8-9 years I am using this tool : https://www.scangauge.com/products/scangauge-ii/ , without any problem.

Canbus was not mandated until 2008. Your vehicle likely uses another protocol which while supported by the M2 hardware wise likely isn’t supported in software yet.

At the moment only CANBUS and SWCAN are supported via M2 and SavvyCAN. Software support for other ODBII protocols have not fully been developed yet and won’t work with SavvyCAN unless SavvyCAN is updated to work with them which would be a major undertaking.

Rodney

M2 libraries are support car’s protocol do you think? I mean can I use it with other way? Also I will try on another newer car to see what is happening there!

Thank you very much for your reply!

Yes, there are M2 libraries that would support the proper protocol for your car and the hardware is capable. It’s just that M2RET tends to be the most mature capture sketch right now and it doesn’t support the protocol for your car.