SavvyCAN "overwrite" issues

Has anyone else had problems getting the “overwrite” mode it work?

Its like it captures 1 frame from each ID, and then stops…frames per second drops to 0.

In regular scrolling mode, it spits out all messages rapidly and normally.

Im using the newest v163 beta…should I drop back to the older version??

Mine was 4/16 version and works fine. I would suspect that would be an issue with the SavvyCan and not the unit its self? In over write mode I saw the codes change as expected. Using Latest Windows 10 update (creators update)

My laptop did not have the arduino IDE installed on it if that matters just used the stock drivers Win 10 already had.

Rodney

I dropped back to v157, works perfectly now.

I wonder why the v163 beta has that glitch?

V163 is called beta for a reason. :wink: Basically the entire communications system was re-written in order to support SocketCAN devices on linux and allow for easier addition of other CAN adapters in the future. So, there’s still some bugs to work out with things like overwrite mode and communication to connected CAN capture devices. There are some other new features since V157 so if you need those things then you’d have to live with the less stable V163 but otherwise you can use the older, more stable version.

No worries, I just wanted to make sure it wasnt something wrong my M2 or software config.

Ill stick with v157 for now.

Ben