First post, and sharing the concept of my initial project idea for the M2. I am a $79 Final Version M2 Kickstarter backer and have a 2017 Chevy Bolt EV, with 5 cameras (one front, one on each mirror, one rear wide angle, one rear) and I’m thinking the first project I’d want to start with the M2 is a DVR mode for the cameras.
First off, the idea would be done in phases, each trying to answer simple questions…
- Can the M2 see the video streams from the cameras at all? Is this project even possible?
- Do the cameras send video data consistently? Or is there a trigger required to have them send data?
- Can I record/store a single video stream to the SD Card on the M2? Is the speed of the interface viable for this?
- Can I record/store multiple video streams to the SD Card on the M2? Will the Atmel SAM3X8E processor be able to keep up?
- Can I add sensor data to trigger recording? (read from the impact sensors in-vehicle or an add-on accelerometer (like ADXL337 or ADXL377) to trigger storing video as needed)
- Add a rolling buffer of video, so when the sensor is triggered, the previous X seconds of video is stored.
- Test to see how much functionality is still available when vehicle is “off” to see if can be used as a “tamper DVR”
So, I thought as I’m kicking the idea around and thinking of writing some of the sketch for this before I get the M2… Why not ask if you think the idea is viable with the M2.