Problem with ISO9141 initialisation

Hello.

I have a problem with my Kia Carnival '04. I have tried finding out on how the OBD-II works and so far I’ve found out that it probably is the ISO9141 standard that is being used. It also could be the ISO14320 standard. I have checked the connector and found that there are only 5 pins there, of which 3 are concerned with powering up (two grounds and a +12 volt). The other two are pins 7(K-line, could be LIN channel 1 but I guess it has to be K-line) and 13 (which may be used for Flash EEPROM according to this link: http://pinoutguide.com/CarElectronics/kia_obd2_diagnostic_pinout.shtml ).

I have gone through the MPG example and have looked at the examples in the OBD9141 library. I have created custom files (only added some SerialUSB.println()s telling me where I’m going on the serial monitor) trying to find out where the problem is and it seems that it has something to do with timing out. So I’m getting no response from the car’s side or I have trouble sending the 0x33 message. The topics on the issue seem to be from last year and I wonder if the things have changed since then.

I don’t have another car with a K-line to check the proper functioning of the OBD-II port nor another scanner for the port. I wonder if it would be any use to use another OBD-II scanner, at least to make sure it is working properly. Only I don’t know if it’s any more use and I wonder if there’s a reader out there which would tell me whether I’m using the K-line connection or what and at which speed it is functioning.

Should I try the ArduinoNonDuePin library or is it already fixed? I also tried changing the OBD9141 file so that it checks if MACCHINA_M2 is defined. I don’t know if it makes a difference anymore and I wonder if the KTX line is the problem as in the topic Trying to read signals from Jaguar XK8 (ISO 9141-2) . Though there was the ArduinoNonDuePin library used so I wonder if it is still an issue. I have no oscilloscopes to measure whether these messages are actually transferred.