I have two M2 and recently one of them stopped being recognised from my computer.
I tried to clean it as advised but nothing new happened.
What I noticed is that when connected with usb to the computer the usb plug as well as the SD card slot gets really really hot compared to the sound M2. I tried to locate the components on the processor board from which the heat is spreading and it seams to be the main fuse F1 and the Mosfet Q1.
Do you have any idea of what’s happening?
Here is what I did before it stopped being recognised:
- I wanted a high frequency PWM but I saw in the 12VIO library that it was capped at 1kHz
- I changed the value to 100kHz in the library
- I uploaded the new library and a sketch where I called a 10kHz PWM
- I disconnected the USB and powered the M2 with 12V.
- The PWM worked so I was happy, but when I reconnected the M2 to my laptop it couldn’t be recognised
Can this sw modification could have damaged my M2 in any way??
Thanks a lot,
(BTW not really related but I received this second M2 with a yellow dot of paint on the board)