Bossa program port?

first install of the M2 and my laptop see’s it as a Bossa program port, should i force it to the “Due” driver or leave it be?

also is this a possible sign that the board has a circuit problem as discussed on the arduino forum?

I would try a clean install of the Arduino IDE and start from scratch. See how that goes. I had to do that myself recently because it wasn’t working right.

Before you do that - try uploading a new sketch - something like the “Blink” example. Since we erase the flash before shipping M2s it will show up as a “Bossa Program port” the first time plugged into your computer. After uploading a sketch, hit the RESET button to make your sketch run, and it will show up as an “Arduino Due” (and maybe change port numbers).

From there on out, you just upload and your sketch will run automatically. Let us know if that works!

so it was already a new install of the Arduino, went from 1.8.1 to 1.8.5.

tried to U/L blink but it failed.

i ended up going into device manager and updated the drivers manually.

1. right clicked on Bossa programing port in device manager and select “update driver software”
  2. click on “browse my computer for driver software”
  3. click on “let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”
  4. uncheck the box “show compatible hardware”
  5. select “Arduino LLC” in the left-hand pane and “Arduino Due” in the right-hand pane.
  6. click next and yes.

(Arduino IDE needs to be installed before hand)