Arduino IDE error when loading sketch

I am running the Arduino IDE 1.8.2 on Ubuntu 14.04.5. I was able to get the IDE setup, as far as I can tell, correctly with the M2 hardware being recognised and I was even able to use the “Get Board Info” feature. However, when I either do Verify/Compile or Upload I get this error:

Arduino: 1.8.2 (Linux), Board: “Macchina M2”

/home/amorget/Downloads/arduino-1.8.2/arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware /home/amorget/Downloads/arduino-1.8.2/hardware -hardware /home/amorget/.arduino15/packages -tools /home/amorget/Downloads/arduino-1.8.2/tools-builder -tools /home/amorget/Downloads/arduino-1.8.2/hardware/tools/avr -tools /home/amorget/.arduino15/packages -built-in-libraries /home/amorget/Downloads/arduino-1.8.2/libraries -libraries /home/amorget/Arduino/libraries -fqbn=macchina:sam:m2 -ide-version=10802 -build-path /tmp/arduino_build_512464 -warnings=none -build-cache /tmp/arduino_cache_894371 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.bossac.path=/home/amorget/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/bossac/1.6.1-arduino -prefs=runtime.tools.arm-none-eabi-gcc.path=/home/amorget/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1 -verbose /home/amorget/Downloads/arduino-1.8.2/examples/01.Basics/Blink/Blink.ino

Board m2 (platform sam, package macchina) is unknown

Error compiling for board Macchina M2.

Unfortunately Google didn’t return anything useful that I can find. Anyone have any ideas what I did wrong?

Thanks,
Douglas

Did you install Arduino Due, then Arduino Sam, then the M2 Files after that.

I think so… I followed these directions:

http://docs.macchina.cc/m2/getting-started/arduino.html

They don’t say anything about installing the Due stuff, but the Due is available in my Boards.

So I went and did a fresh install in a Virtual Machine and it worked fine. So I uninstalled everything as best I could figure out (installing/removing programs that weren’t installed through a package manager is still a little mystery to me). Did a clean reinstall of 1.8.5, installed the 2 boards and it compiled fine.

I am guessing something was messed up from when I installed the IDE originally, but what I don’t know.