Anyone on a VAG here?

Hello, is there anyone using Macchina on a VolksWagen (Audi/Skoda/Seat) here?
Need some tips from start from scratch with SavvyCAN (I wrote SWCAN for error) like FW to load, CANbus parameters and so on…
Thank you!

A few manufactures are using “gateways”. VAG cars are probably where we hear about projects running into this the most.

Other opensource projects have found some work arounds in the past. You can find lots of threads scattered around about it like this. We are starting to work on a project with a 2014ish VW Jetta. Hopefully some findings and progress come out of that.

If others want to help:

1. If you have experience with these things tell us what you know and how you can help.

2. If you’re new and not sure where to start, help out by curating all the information you can find on this topic.

I dont think any VAG cars use SWCAN…

As far as I know, GM is basically the only vehicle mfg out there who uses SWCAN.

Sorry… I was thinking to SavvyCAN, not SWCAN. My fault.
I fix the original question:

“Need some tips from start from scratch with SavvyCAN like FW to load, CANbus parameters and so on.”

Well:

1. Obviously first off you need SavvyCAN: www.savvycan.com You might need the VS2015 runtime if you haven’t installed it before. You can easily google that if you need it.

2. If you have the M2 board files I think it installs all the libraries you need. You probably still need to download the actual M2RET source code though: https://github.com/collin80/M2RET I guess I’m sort of assuming you already know how to download and set up the Arduino IDE and the proper board files. But, references for how to do that are in the forum and I think their wiki too.

3. Set the proper board in the board list in the IDE and load the M2RET.ino file. Compile and upload it to the M2.

4. Now it should create a serial port and SavvyCAN should be able to access it. Go into the connection window, say you want a new connection, make sure GVRET is selected for the connection type, set a reasonable speed (either 250000 or 500000), set it enabled, and “Create New Connection” now it should have created two buses in the list on the left and they should quickly say “Connected” now you’re ready to capture.

Thank you for all those tips!