Anybody on Ford here? :-)

Hello,
my name is Oliver and i’m from Germany. I am digging into CAN for a few month and find it very exciting. Learned a lot about my car, a Ford Mondeo (Fcalled usion in USA) build 10/2010 Faclift.

In the last time i decoded a lot of IDs on the three busses of the Mondeo and want to get further. Currently i am working on a CAN filter device to spoof messages between the car and the navsystem. I also run a small Wiki Website (unfortunately for you, in German language) here: https://mk4-wiki.denkdose.de/

I am looking for people working on this too, having the same car. Sorry for my bad English, it’s gone a bit rusty over the years …

Hope to hear from you, Oliver!

1 Like

Hello Oliver,

Not directly on Ford but on Jaguar which used many Ford components in that period. CANBUS for engine, transmission and other fast systems, Ford SCP (J1850 PWM) for accessories and ISO9141 for OBD2.

Xag

I’m about to start hacking on my 2011 Ford Fiesta SES. :slight_smile:

Looking to at least datalog and maybe tweak my '03 SVT Focus, which I gather uses J1850 PWM. I’ll be looking for documentation for this protocol.

I found this on Github, haven’t examined it yet but it could serve as the basis for a library module:

This application note has some good background information on framing:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN1212.pdf

Hmmm interesting…I wonder if this could be modified to work with J1850 VPW?

Was wondering the same thing but I have to finish up a couple things before I can tinker with this…

Complete noob here. Really just trying to figure out where to start.

From what I understand, I don’t think I will get anywhere with my 01 Mustang. So my focus will primarily be on our 11 Ford Fusion. I will likely be buying another car in the next few months, so may have another option to learn on.

Currently I have just received my Macchina, saw the PDF someone posted about hacking into Toyota & Ford by Charlie Miller (who I follow already on Twitter), and the car hacking book.

FORD FOCUS TDCI 2.0 here at Taiwan. ECU tuning / remap company owner. PCB/ PCBA manufacture and MCU programmer. Just got M2 and haven’t has any idea to play with other then LED falshing. Ha.