J1850-VPW schematic question

Ok thanks. That should help. The Diode is only to protect against reverse voltage. I suspect only an issue if you drop the negative off before the positive. Not a hardware guy so I just try to do what they tell me… :wink:

I may have to pick up some of these myself now…

Rodney

Hola, te puedo contactar por algún medio? tengo varias dudas acerca de lo que hiciste, pudieras ayudarme?

Hola, te puedo contactar por algún medio? tengo varias dudas

En inglés por favor. Este código no está terminado y necesita un mayor desarrollo. El ejemplo hablará sobre vpw, pero a partir de ahí actualmente debe escribir software personalizado. Construir esto en el software principal es uno de mis principales objetivos este verano, pero faltan meses para que se realice de forma realista. Tenga en cuenta que este mensaje se creó con google translate. Yo no hablo español.

Please note: I do NOT speak Spanish. I used google translate…

The issue you will have with the MC33390 is that it doesn’t support block write. If you just need to read normal messaging, you’ll be fine, but you won’t have 4x blockwrite which is key for reprogramming VPW.

The MC68HC58 will do it; however, that is a tad more expensive and has been out of production for a very long time. ( I have a couple hundred from back in the late '90s… :slight_smile: )